The event will take place on Wednesday 13th of May 2015 at 02:00 pm and it represents an important opportunity to have a look at one of the most technological and modern centers of Europe. The branch of CSM in Castel Romano is composed of the following laboratories:
- Electrochemistry and Corrosion Lab;
- Metallography and Thermal treatments Lab;
- Transmission Electron Microscopy & Nanoscopy Lab;
- Analytical Chemistry Lab;
- Welding & Joining & NDT Lab;
- Combustion Lab;
- Surface Treatment & Corrosion protection Lab;
- Special Steel Simulation Lab • Refractory Lab;
- Industrial Advanced Measurement Systems Lab.
Within the laboratories different Testing services are carried out, such as metallography, TEM and nanoscopy, surfaces analysis, physical-chemical analysis at high temperatures, casting technologies and metallurgical chemistry, chemistry, ceramic and hot forming, refractory, special coatings, tribology, surface treatments and corrosion protection, organic coatings and plastic materials, magnetic measures, simulation of the thermo-mechanical cycles, special steels, welding, creep, mechanical tests, electrochemical and corrosion, tests in full scale, foundry, combustion lab, mills and forming and waste valorization.
To participate for free it is necessary to enroll through the e-mail email@example.com.
– 02.00 pm: Meeting at CSM
– 02:15 pm: Greetings and initiative presentation
– 02:30 pm: Visit start
- 02.30 pm: Metallography (Vipraio)
- 02.40 pm: TEM (Transmission Electron Microscope) and Nanoscopy (Venditti)
- 02.50 pm: Welding (Monti)
- 03.00 pm: Mechanical Tests (Riscifuli)
- 03.10 pm: Elettrochemical and Corrosion, HPHT and CO2 plant (Mortali)
- 03.30 pm: Coating technologies: HVOF, PVD, Plasma Spray and PTA (Lionetti)
- 03.40 pm: Casting Technologies and rapid prototyping (Sorci)
- 04:00 pm: Full Scale Lab (Amato)
– Ore 04:15 pm – 05.00 pm: Discussion and comments